God's purpose in giving us the commands was so we
would realize our sinful nature.
- You shall have no other gods before me.
- You shall not make any graven images, or bow down before them.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain, for the LORD
will not hold him guiltless.
- Remember the Sabbath day, keep it Holy, for it is a day of rest.
- Honor thy father and mother, that your days upon the earth
may be long.
- Thou shall not commit murder.
- Thou shall not commit adultery.
- Thou shall not steal.
- Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shall not covet thy neighbors, house, wife, or any of his
The Commandments with the complete chapter text, can be found in
Exodus chapter 20.