22And He came to Bethsaida. And they brought a blind man
to Him and begged Him to touch him.
23And He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of
the town. And when He had spat on his eyes and had put His hands on him, He asked Him
if he saw anything.
24And he looked up and said, I see men as trees, walking.
25And after that He put His hands again on his eyes and
made him look up. And he was restored and saw all clearly.
26And He sent him away to his house, saying;
Neither go into the town, nor tell it to any in the town.
- Faith was shown by the willingness of the blind man to be led out of his
home town and his cooperation to keep on pursuing when there was not at
first a 100% manifestation.
- Jesus did not give up after the first healing attempt was not 100% successful,
neither should we. We need to be steadfast and persistent towards the things
- Jesus led the blind man out of the, unbelieving town of Bethsaida. (Jesus
rebuked the town of Bethsaida in Matthew 11:21
and Luke 10:13,
for their lack of repentance after seeing miracles performed).
- Jesus touched the man's eyes and asked him, "if he saw
anything". For He had taken the man out of the town, but He knew
not all of the town, ie. (the unbelief) was out of the man.
- After healing the man. Jesus warned the man not to go back to the
town, where his healing could possibly be lost due to worldly doubt
- FYI - Philip, Andrew and Peter, three of Jesus disciples
were from the town of Bethsaida.